1. Do not run screaming from the room. This is rude.
2. If you must back away, do so slowly and with discretion.
3. Do not assume she/he is attracted to you.
4. Do not assume he/she is not attracted to you.
5. Do not assume that you are not attracted to her/him.
6. Do not expect him/her to be as excited about meeting a straight person as you may be about meeting a queer person.
7. Do not immediately start talking about your boy/girlfriend or husband/wife in order to make it clear that you are straight.
8. Do not ask them how they got that way. Instead, ask yourself how you got the way you are.
9. Do not assume they are dying to talk about being gay.
10. Do not expect them to refrain from talking about being gay.
11. Do not trivialize their experience by assuming it is a bedroom issue. They are gay twenty-four hours a day.
This is effing fantastic. For real.