Saturday, April 18, 2009

The sky has claws...




(These images have been in a desktop folder for so long that I haven't a clue who to credit for any of them, but they are amazing. If you know, do tell!)



Once there was a man,
who had a little too much 
time on his hands.
He never stopped to think that he was getting older.
But when his night came to an end,
he tried to grasp for his last friend
and pretend that he could wish himself health on a 4-leaf clover.

He said: Is this the return to Oz?
The grass is dead, the gold is brown
and the sky has claws.
There's a wind-up man walking round and round.
What once was emerald city's now a crystal town.

3 'o' clock in the morning,
You get a phone call from the Queen
With a hundred heads
she says that they're all dead.
She tried the last one on, it couldn't speak, fell off
and now she just wanders the halls
thinkin' nothing, thinkin' nothing at all...

She says: Is this the return to Oz?
The grass is dead, the gold is brown
and the sky has claws.
There's a wind-up man walking round and round
What once was emerald city is now a crystal town.

The wheelie's are cutting pavement
and the Skeksis at the rave meant to hide,
deep inside their sunken faces and their wild rolling eyes,
But their callus words reveal 
that they can no longer feel
Love or sex appeal.
The patchwork girl has come to cinch the deal.

To return to Oz, 
we fled the world with smiles and clenching jaws
Please help me friend from coming down
I've lost my place and now it can't be found

Is this the return to Oz?
The grass is dead, the gold is brown
and the sky has claws.
There's a wind-up man walking round and round
What once was emerald city is now a crystal town. 

These images are pretty much what I feel when I listen to this song.
I also feel the need to mention that every time I hear this song, I get a tingle down my spine and my hair stands on end.
I don't know why, but I like it.
Oh, this is Scissor Sisters btw- listen.

I'll be in D-town for a day or two to take care of things while my parentals are off on an adventure.
How exciting.
Waking up at 9am here I come.

lovelove.

No comments: