Saturday, September 19, 2009

"I had to sit on a bag of peas..."

So last night I went to a late night showing of Jennifer's Body...
And let me just say-
Oh Megan Fox, you were pretty fantastic as a demonic high school girl.
For real.

This movie was what I feel is the best of both worlds.
Funny, dark, violent and real.

Funny for a lot of the verbal content... think Mean Girls but raunchier.
Dark for the overall concept... high school hotass that seduces boys and eats them.
Violent for some of the visual content (I could have done with more of this, but thats my main "complaint")... please see above.
Real for how the characters interact and act in general... they come off very high school, or maybe that was just my high school experience.


Bonus- you watch around 30 seconds of Fox and Seyfried making out.
Bummer- previews mislead you into thinking there is lots of T&A. This is wrong.

Overall was it worth it?
INDEED!
If you have seen previews and this looks like something you might want to watch, I say do it.
I'm glad that I did.

Why?
I was fully entertained.
Liked the whole concept.
A slight twist at the end.
Very quoteable.
People dying in a ridiculous but badass way.
Pretty girls.

My rating... 4/5.

lovelove.

No comments: