Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It's warmer from worlds away...


It has been a very strange last couple of days.
I received some very foreboding news on Monday, and while I'm trying to stay positive, it has been difficult. 
My life seems to be getting more complicated.
I guess that's what I get for "growing up."

I'm going to try to arrange a lovely trip to Chicago soon.
I need some best friend time for sure.

On another note, my parents suggested that I take bartending classes, and offered to pay for them. 
Crazy.
I think I might take them up on that one.
Because knowing how to make fabulous drinks with equally fabulous names is always a good skill to have.

My personal favorite drinks, and how to make them:
White Russian-
2 oz vodka 
1 oz coffee liqueur
1 oz cream
Mix over ice and serve.

Captain and Coke-
4 oz rum
8 oz Coke
Mix and serve over ice.

Colorado Bulldog-
1 oz vodka
1 oz coffee liqueur
1-2 oz milk
1 splash Coke
Mix in a shaker everything except Coke.
Pour into glass over ice and add Coke.

Vodka Red Bull-
2 oz vodka
1 small can Red Bull
Mix and serve over ice.

Mojito-
1.25 oz Rum
12 mint leaves
1 T. sugar
0.5 oz lime juice
2 oz soda water
Place mint leaves at bottom of glass.
Add crushed ice, and all ingredients.
Garnish with mint leaves and serve.

My favorite drink names:
Dead Nazi-
2/3 oz peppermint liqueur
2/3 oz Jagermeister
Pour peppermint liqueur into a shot glass and add Jagermeister.

Fuzzy Navel-
3 oz orange juice
3 oz peach schnapps
Combine ingredients and pour over ice in a tall glass. 
Garnish with orange slice.

Slippery Nipple-
1/2 oz butterscotch schnapps
1/2 oz irish cream
Mix and serve as is.

Okie... Now that I've encouraged everyone to drink, I'm going to have (a drink or five) a shower, watch a movie, and try to clear my mind for the night.
Lovelove.

No comments: